Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website
The Terms and Conditions of Use set out below govern the access and use of lagenetica.info (hereinafter, “Genetics Made Easy”). For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the definition of the Website shall include:
1. The external appearance of screen interfaces, both statically and dynamically (that is, the navigation tree).
2. The elements integrated both in screen interfaces as well as in the navigation tree, including but not limited to, any texts, images, sounds, databases, multimedia products, interpretations, artistic performances, fixations, photographs, broadcast signals, and in general, all those creations and objects expressed by any means or media, currently known or invented in the future, whether or not these are subject to protection by the law in force regarding intellectual or industrial or any other analogous legal systems.
3. The range of online resources provided through the “Genetics Made Easy” websites, including: communication services, tools for customized management of the data and information services.
4. And, in general, all those resources and property owned or under the control of “Genetics Made Easy” reachable at the email address http://lagenetica.info, its subdomains and subdirectories, and all guides Internet, developed in whole or in part by “Genetics Made Easy,” exhibiting or transfer data to or from any electronic equipment known or developed in the future, including, by way of example and not limitation, personal computers, mobile phones, personal digital assistants, pagers and television crews.
OWNERSHIP AND IDENTIFICATION DATA OF THE WEBSITE
TITLE HOLDER: Maria Teresa Solé Pujol
Sant Quirze del Vallès (Barcelona)
FINANCING OF THE PORTAL AND ADVERTISING POLICY
“Genetics Made Easy” is an online project whose funding comes from the Fundació Privada Bellmas 2007, without any influence on the editorial content of this website.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE WEBSITE
- 1. SUBJECT OF THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The General Conditions regulate the access and use of the Site, including the content and services available to the users including the contents and the services made available at or through the site, either by “Genetics Made Easy” by its users or by any third party.
- 2. ACCEPTANCE OF THE GENRAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 2.1. User
Mere access and/or use of the website, in part or of all its contents and services offered thereof, confers the condition of “User” and implies full compliance without reservations to the General Conditions of Use that are set forth in the published version from the time when the User access the website´s contents. Such version may be accessed for consultation always at the same web address. Availability and use of the website by the user will be interpreted to be, in any case, subject to the strict compliance on the part of the User of the terms set forth in these General Terms and Conditions and, if applicable, the specific conditions that might result from the application thereof. Should the User decide not to accept these General Terms and Conditions, the particular conditions and/or, if applicable, any new conditions, the User shall not access and/or use the services and/or contents offered by “Genetics Made Easy”.
- 2.2. Specific terms and conditions
Access to and use of certain services and / or contents may be subject to certain proprietor general conditions, legal notices, guidelines and rules of use (hereinafter, the “Performance Standards”) that will have been previously made known to the user, and where appropriate, will replace, complete and / or amend the General Conditions contained herein. Access and use of said services and/or contents will consequently involve, full compliance with the Performance Standards governing such contents in the published version from the moment the User accesses such contents or services, with said Performance Standards incorporated into these General Terms and Conditions.
- 2.1. User
- 3. MINORS
Access to minors to the website is allowed.
- 4. WEBSITE CHARACTERISTICS
- 4.1. Range of products and services
“Genetics Made Easy” provides access to its Users to a wide range of on line resources through the Website, including but not limited to:
- 1. Information services are sections that the Website makes available to the User / or different informative contents.
- 2. Electronic commerce services are services that are made available to the Users that optimize the management or development of on line economic transactions. Such services may be rendered directly by third parties or in collaboration “Genetics Made Easy”.
- 3. Management and Storage services are services that allow Users the management, control and recovery of the content available there.
- 4. Communication services are tools that allow the transmission of data over the Internet. Unless specified otherwise, any characteristic and/or specification that improves the range of services offered, or the launching of new resources will be regulated expressly, as applicable, by the General Conditions and Performance Standards.
- 4.2. Modification and cancellation
“Genetics Made Easy” reserves the right to modify at any time, without prior notice, the presentation and configuration of the Website and the content and services incorporated therein. The user acknowledges and agrees that “Genetics Made Easy” may at any time interrupt, disable and / or remove any content and / or services that are integrated into the Website.
- 4.3. Capacity and Dimensioning
The User recognizes and accepts that “Genetics Made It Easy” may extend, limit or restrict the ability and operativity of its contents and/or services made available to the public through its Website.
- 4.4. Availability
“Genetics Made Easy” will make all reasonable efforts to try to ensure the availability and accessibility of the Website around the clock every day of the year. However, the provision of new connections, routing changes and updating of required maintenance operations that generally involve the suspension of access or use of the Site may cause interruptions for the time necessary to undertake said tasks.
- 4.5. Free of charge and/or fee-paying nature
- 1. Free of charge: unless expressly provided otherwise in the Rules of Operation, access and use of the Website, its content and services are free of charge for the User.
- 2. Fee-paying nature: “Genetics Made Easy” will be able to add new contents and services to the range of resources offered, the access and use of which will involve the payment of a fee. The form and method of payment shall be clearly stated in the corresponding Rules of Operation.
- 3. Telephone cost: The cost of the telephone connection required to use the Website, and any costs and / or expenses unrelated to the mere access and availability of the Website, shall be solely on account of the user who shall be directly responsible thereto.
- 4.1. Range of products and services
- 5. RULES OF ACCESS AND USE OF THE WEBSITE
- 5.1. o5.1. General Rules of Use
- 1. The User undertakes to use the Website in a diligent and correct.
- 2. The User acknowledges and agrees that the Website shall be used expressively for strictly personal, private individual or corporate purposes, as long as the use is made for internal purposes only. The User is expressively prohibited to authorize others to use the Website, in whole or in part, or to introduce or incorporate as a separate business services and products of the Website.
- 3. The User agrees not to access the content and / or services of the Website by any means other than the interface that “Genetics Made Easy” provides the user to access them such services.
- 4. The use or application of any technical, logical or technological means through which the User may expressly benefit from, directly or indirectly, with or without profit, of the unauthorized exploitation of the Contents and / or Services of the Website is strictly prohibited.
- 5. The User agrees not to use the Website to perform activities contrary to the law, morals, good accepted customs or established public order and for illegal, prohibited or harmful purposes of the rights and interests of third parties, declining “Genetics Made Easy” any responsibility that may derive from all of the above.
- 6. The User agrees not to use the content and/or services in any way that may damage, disable, overload, or impair the Website or prevent the normal use or enjoyment of the Website and/or services by other Users.
- 7. The User shall abstain from altering or manipulating any “copyright” and other data identifying the rights of intellectual property of “Genetics Made Easy” or the rights of lawful holders of the contents added to the website as well as technical protection devices or any other content protection tools.
- 1. Identity of the User
The User agrees not to falsify or misrepresent his or her identity impersonating any other person, such as for instance a representative of “Genetics Made Easy”, or those services that have a moderator, founder, etc. or in general, impersonate a nonexistent person, a member of any entity or lie about his or her gender or relationship to any other person and / or entity.
- 2. Minors under age
The User is obligated not to transmit or disseminate contents that may impair, damage or impair the physical or mental health of children under age and not to sell or market in any form videos, photographs, videogames or other media containing messages and/or scenes that are of a violent nature, or advocacy of any form of crime, or pornographic display.
- 3. Regarding other Users
The User hereby undertakes not stalk, harass, or otherwise provokes any third party, and not to collect or store personal data about other Users of the Website Website without complying with current legislation regarding data protection or make available to third parties for any purpose, data captured from distribution lists.
- 4. Equipment and IT systems
The User agrees not to damage, disable or cause deterioration of computers and IT systems or telecommunications equipment of “Genetics Made Easy” or those of any third party, nor the contents included and / or stored in them thereto. The User agrees not to modify the equipment and IT systems of “Genetics Made Easy” in any way, or use versions of equipment and systems modified in order to gain unauthorized to any of the contents and / or services of the Website.
- 5. Transmission and dissemination of contents on the Website
1. The User agrees not to make available to any third party or in any way transmit or distribute or disseminate contents that:
– are unlawful, harmful, harassing, threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive or infringe the privacy of third parties, that are homophobic, xenophobic, racist, or that, somehow, are contrary to the morals, good customs commonly accepted or contrary to the established public order;
– are susceptible, according to the applicable laws, of breaching intellectual and industrial property rights and similar rights of third parties;
– the User is not authorized to transmit or distribute, any materials such as privileged private information, and / or elements protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights or information on which it has a duty of confidentiality, etc.
2. Not to falsify or manipulate documents aimed to deceive or mislead Users on the nature of the transmitted content.
3. Not make available to any third party or in any way transmit or disseminate any material that might be carrying viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or system.
- 1. Identity of the User
- 5.1. o5.1. General Rules of Use
- 6. SUPPLY OF CONTENTS BY USERS
- 6.1. Responsibility
All contents submitted and stored in the Website by the Users are the sole responsibility of the person who generated such contents. The User, therefore, is responsible for all contents and services that he is she may make available to other users, displays, e-mails or otherwise transmits via the Website or via the means made available at the Website.
- 6.2. Authorization
Unless otherwise specifically stated in the Rules of Operation, submission by the Users of information and / or contents to the publicly accessible sections of this Website (including without limitation suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, comments, questions, or any other contents of similar meaning) via e-mail or any other means, will involve the granting to “Genetics Made Easy” of a non-exclusive license, unlimited in time, of global reach and free of charge to reproduce, store, edit, modify, publish, incorporate into databases, publicly communicate, transmit, display, visualize, distribute, represent, or in any way exploit, in whole or in part, such information or contents owned by the User on the Website in any form or by any means or technology. “Genetics Made Easy” reserves the right, at its sole discretion to edit, reject or remove the information and / or contents referred to above.
The User accepts the responsibility that any information and / or content submitted do not infringe third party rights or breach any legislation that may apply. The Users accept the obligation to keep “Genetics Made Easy” or its representatives, exempt and free of all damages that might result from the exercise of actions, judicial or otherwise, that may arise from the violation of the rights of third parties or currently in force law.
- 6.3. Disclosure of information
The User acknowledges and agrees that “Genetics Made Easy” can retain and reveal the information it stores or makes available to third parties on the Website provided that either it is:
(i) required to do so by authorities and agencies;
(ii) necessary to enforce the General Conditions and / or Rules of Operation.
(iii) appropriate or necessary to contest claims relating to violation or infringement of rights; or
(iv) appropriate or necessary to protect the legitimate interests of “Genetics Reach of Everyone” their users and the public in general.
- 6.1. Responsibility
- 7. CANCELLATION OF ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE
“Genetics Made Easy” may, in its sole discretion to refuse, withdraw, suspend and / or block at any time and without prior notice access to the contents or the provision of services to those users that violate these Terms, the Rules of Operation or any others that may apply, and may delete all information and files related to it or, if applicable, terminate access to such files or to the service itself. “Genetics Made Easy” shall not have any liability to the User or any third party for any termination of access to the service.
- 8. LEGAL LIABILITY REGIMEN
- 8.1. Warranty
1. Save for what was expressly stated in the General Terms and Conditions and / or, where applicable, in particular, the User expressly acknowledges and agrees that “Genetics Made Easy” grants no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, about the services or contents that are incorporated into the Website, or about the actual Website.
2. Thus, for example and without limitation, “Genetics Made Easy” does not guarantee:
i. the availability and continuity of the operation of the site and, particularly, but not exclusively, that the users may effectively use the website, contents and services, access the different pages that make up the site or those from which services are provided.
ii. quality standards, interoperability and functionality of the Website and the services and / or content features.
iii. the interruption, suspension or termination of access to the Website and the services and / or content incorporated therein.
iv. adequacy and appropriateness for a particular purpose of the Website and the services or content provided on the same. v. unauthorized access and alteration of data stored and transmitted through the Website or the services offered thereon.
vi. the absence of viruses or other elements in the contents that may cause alterations in its computer system (software and hardware) or electronic documents and files stored in their computer system.
vii. the accuracy, legality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability or usefulness of the contents.
- 8.2. Exclusion/Waiver of Liability – Disclaimer
I. The User acknowledges and accepts that the use of the Site, services and contents is, in any case, his or her sole and exclusive responsibility. Thus, unless the law expressly states otherwise and exclusively with the measure and to the extent that it imposes, “Genetics Made Easy” does not guarantee or assume any responsibility with regard to the access and use of the Site or the contents and / or services incorporated therein.
II. Including but not limited to, exemption from liability mentioned in the previous paragraph includes all liabilities arising from:- the lack of availability or continuity of the Website and, in particular, though not exclusively, that derived from the lack of access of Users to the Website, content and services as well as the various web pages that form the Website or those from which the services are provided.
– Failure to comply with quality standards, interoperability and functionality of the Website and the services and / or content incorporated therein.
– The interruption, suspension or cancellation of access to the Website and the services and / or content incorporated.
– The lack of suitability and adequacy for a particular purpose of the Website and the services or content incorporated therein and the cost incurred to obtain content and substitute services, or any information, messages received or operations arranged about in or through the Website. o Unauthorized access and alteration of data transmitted through the Website. o The presence of viruses or other elements in the contents that may cause alterations in its computer system (software and hardware) or in electronic documents and files stored in its computer system. o The lack of accuracy, legality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability and usefulness of the content of third parties unrelated to “Genetics Made Easy”, including transmission, dissemination, storage, availability, reception or access to content, and in particular, though not exclusively, for damages that may result:a. to the breach of the law, morality and generally accepted good manners or public order as a result;
b. to the infringement of the rights of intellectual property, trade secrets, contractual commitments of any kind, the rights to honor, personal and family privacy and image of persons, property rights and all other rights belonging to third parties as a result of transmission, dissemination, storage, availability, reception or access to the contents;
c. the performance of acts of unfair competition and illegal advertising;
d. the failure, delay in performance, defective performance or termination for any reason of the obligations assumed by third parties and contracts with third parties through or in connection with access to content; and
e. the vices and defects of any kind of content transmitted, distributed, stored, made available or otherwise transmitted or made available, received, obtained or which have been accessed through the Website or services.
- 8.1. Warranty
- 9. FORCE MAJEURE
“Genetics Made Easy” shall not be liable for delays or faults produced in access, performance and operability of the Website, its services and / or contents, nor for any interruption, suspension or malfunction thereto, whenever these have been caused by damage occurring from natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, lightning or fire, force majeure, situations of extreme emergency such as war, military operations, civil disturbances, strikes, lockouts or other force majeure or fortuitous cause.
- 10. PERSONAL DATA
According to the provisions of Law 15/1999 on protection of personal data (LOPD – Data Protection Act), the user grants the use of the data published to the website rightful holder, and undertakes to contact this person, should the user wish to modify or delete such data. This contact will be made by email to the address: email@example.com.
Your personal details will be treated as confidential in accordance with applicable laws on data protection and will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent.
- 10.1. Cookies
“Genetics Made Easy” uses its own and third party cookies. The full Cookies Policy can be checked on this page.
- 10.2. Consent
- 10.3. Security measures
“”Genetics Made Easy” has taken and will take all technical and organizational security measures which are required, in accordance with the provisions of the legislation and existing standards of quality in the sector, to ensure maximum security and confidentiality of communications. “Genetics Made Easy” guarantees that inspections are in place to prevent any breach of security or other negative consequences, adopting organizational measures and the most appropriate technical procedures with the aim of minimizing these risks. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the User acknowledges and agrees that Internet security measures are not foolproof. Internet networks are not secure and any communication sent by this means may be intercepted or modified by unauthorized persons. Thus, “Genetics Made Easy” cannot guarantee the full privacy and safety of the use of the Website and the services and, in particular, cannot prevent that unauthorized third parties may have knowledge of the nature, conditions, characteristics and circumstances of the use that Users make of the Website and services. On the other hand, the Website warns that the current state of technology does not guarantee non-violation of security systems or the inviolability of communications when these are carried and transmitted through any telecommunications networks.
- 10.1. Cookies
- 11. INFORMATION RETRIVAL AND COLLECTION
In order to adapt and modify the Website as well as to develop and offer new content and services that best fit their preferences; “Genetics Made Easy” will use technological instruments or mechanisms such as obtaining statistical data. The information obtained through these mechanisms will not be associated with any personal data. The User agrees and expressly authorizes “Genetics Made Easy” to proceed with obtaining such data and perform its processing for statistical purposes.
- 12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND OTHER RIGHTS
- 12.1. Applicable legislation
The user acknowledges the ownership of “Genetics Made Easy” regarding all its intellectual and industrial property or other similar rights on the Website. Including but not limited to, the foregoing will include any information, messages, graphics, pictures, sound files and / or images, photographs, recordings, databases, technology, equipment, know-how, trademarks, service marks, logos and, in general, any kind of creation or material accessible through the Website that is its property, as well as the actual the Website (hereinafter, the “Property”).Further, the User acknowledges and agrees that the Website provides access to contents and services that are the property of third parties, whose rights are protected by applicable laws on intellectual property, industrial, exploitation rights of commercial and advertising value of the image and other similar rights.
- 12.2. Property license of “Genetics Made Easy”
I. No waiver / transfer. The User acknowledges that under these General Conditions “Genetics Made Easy” does not waive or transfer to the User any rights regarding the property license of “Genetics Made Easy”, or the ownership/property of any nature of third parties. “Genetics Made Easy” only authorizes the User to make use of the property license of “Genetics Made Easy” that is essential for access and use of content and services made available on the Website, in accordance with the terms as set forth in the General Conditions and Rules of Operation.
II. Right of Use of the Website “Genetics Made Easy” authorizes Users to access and browse through the Website and access and use the services and content incorporated therein. When “Genetics Made Easy” authorizes it, or when the Website´s own technological devices allow it, the User may download a single copy of Website´s proprietary material, provided it is intended for strictly personal use and does not produce any profit or commercial advantage. In any case, the license for use recognized in this paragraph may not be, under any circumstances, assigned or transferred to third parties.
- 12.3. Establishment of links
The incorporation and / or use of any trademarks, logos, trade names, slogans, designs, distinctive signs, graphics, links and / or proprietorship modules imply the prior and total acceptance of the terms and conditions as detailed below.i. Scope of the property license “Genetics Made Easy” allows the user to incorporate and use the property “Genetics Made Easy” on its website, according to the terms, conditions and objectives agreed here. The User may not transfer, assign, license, encumber or subrogate in favor of third parties, totally or partially, the rights and obligations under this License, without the prior consent of “Genetics Made Easy”.
ii. Insertion of the Property “Genetics Made Easy” The User agrees to insert the Property “Genetics Made easy” in its Website in the way and form as “Genetics Made Easy” makes it available thereto.
iii. Use restrictions and limitations The User may not alter, modify or change in any way the property of “Genetics Made easy” and should make use of it, solely and exclusively, within the website owned by the User. The User may not incorporate or use the Property of “Genetics Made Easy” on the website in any way to denigrate, defame or harm the good of “Genetics Made Easy” or that in the opinion of “Genetics Made Easy “, proves objectionable or harmful to the rights of “Genetics Made Easy” on its property. Also, the User may not incorporate or use the Property of “Genetics Made Easy” in any such manner that it may imply or be understood that there is an association, agency, franchise, sponsorship, cooperative agreements, or that “Genetics Made Easy” supports the User and / or his or her website, or that may reasonably be construed as the editorial content having been created, authorized or represents the views or opinions o f”Genetics Made Easy “or those who collaborate with “Genetics Made easy”.
i. Links and Frames- Users and, in general, those who intend to establish a link between their website and the Website must meet the conditions as set forth below. Any other intention to set up a link other than that stipulated in this clause shall require the prior written acceptance of “Genetics Made Easy”
a. The link will only allow access to the Website, but may not reproduce in whole or in part the content.
b. The User may not reproduce or imitate, totally or partially, either in substance or form (“Look and feel”), or use frames (“Frames”) or assembled links (“Link Inline”) of the websites owned by “Genetics Made Easy”.
c. No browser, frame, environment or navigation toolbar on the pages of the Website will be created.
d. No statements or false, inaccurate, incorrect or slanderous comments about the Website, “Genetics Made Easy” or any of the “Genetics Made Easy” properties shall be made. Particularly, it will not declare or imply that “Genetics Made Easy” works or is a partner and / or it has supervised or assumed in any way the contents or services offered or made available to the web page that has been linked.
e. The web page that is linked shall not contain any trademark, brand, name, denomination, logo, slogan or other distinctive signs belonging to “Genetics Made Easy”, except for those signs that are part of the same link or other properties of “Genetics Made Easy “that have been licensed in accordance with the terms and conditions specified in this clause.
f. The Website that is linked will not contain illegal contents or information, contrary to the morals, generally accepted good customs, and public order, nor will it contain contents that violate the rights of third parties.
ii. Responsability- Except where the law expressly provides otherwise, “Genetics Made easy” does not warrant or assume any responsibility regarding the ownership of “Genetics Made Easy”. This disclaimer includes, but without limitation, any warranties or liabilities arising from its levels of quality, interoperability, functionality and / or adequacy/appropriateness for a particular purpose.
- 12.4. Prohibitions and Reserved Rights
“Genetics Made Easy” grants no license or authorization of use to the User on its distinct ownership other than that expressly detailed in these General Conditions or, if appropriate, in the Rules of Operation. “Genetics Made Easy” expressly reserves, any other rights or uses that were not included in the license; extending that reserve the exercise of civil or criminal actions, that might be exercised as a result of access and / or unauthorized use of the “Genetics Made Easy” properties.
- 12.1. Applicable legislation
- 13. FURTHER INFORMATION
For any additional information, suggestion or proposal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviewed: 9th of January 2016