This privacy statement provided below is an explanation of what we do with the information collected by Genetics Made Easy, hereinafter “GeneticsMadeEasy” (lagenetica.info). In it we explain in more detail the types of personal details we collect, how we collect them, for what purposes we can use them and with whom we can share them.
Who is responsible for the management and processing of your personal data?
- Responsible party: Maria Teresa Solé Pujol
- ID number: 39027817-Z
- Postal address: Sant Quirze del Vallès (Barcelona)
- Contact: email@example.com
What do we mean by Personal Data or Personal Information?
“Personal Information” means information that we can use to identify you. It can also include information, such as your name and contact information. Personal data can also include information about how you use our website.
Information we collect
This depends on the nature of your interaction with the website, but it can include the following information:
Information provided or submitted directly by the users
- Contact details: we can collect personal contact information that includes your name, surnames, email address and other similar contact information.
- Forums: the information you choose to publish. We remind you that this information is public and visible to anyone who accesses our forums or web page, you must never publish or share confidential information or information about third parties
- Location data: we can collect geolocation data if you enable services based on the location or if you choose to provide us with information related to your geolocation.
- Demographic data: we may collect or obtain certain demographic information: preferred language, sex …
- Social network data: we may offer features of social networks that allow you to share information on your social networks to interact with us on various social networks. The use of these tools or services may result in the collection or sharing of information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of the social networks you use to ensure that you understand the information that these sites may collect, use and share.
- Other information that allows your personal identification: examples of other information that allows personal identification that we can collect about you includes:
- Additional information you provide to respond to your requests for consultations or queries.
You may decide not to provide us with the personal information that we may request; however, if you choose not to do so, in some cases we will not be able to respond effectively to some of your requests for information that you may wish to make.
Information collected automatically about the user of our services
- Device data: We collect information about the devices you use to access our website, that is, whether it is a PC or a cell phone device, or any other software, including the type of operating system and browser you use, capture of IP address, etc.
- Website browsing data: we collect information about the visits and the activity on our website that includes the content that you view and interact with, the address of the website that linked you to our site and other behaviors related to the sections you view or with which you interact (forums).
- Aggregated or anonymous data: In the course of our operations we may also apply a process of disidentification or pseudonymisation to your data so that it is reasonably unlikely that you will be identified through the use of the data with the available technology.
How We Use Information We Collect
- Publish your queries: Publish the queries you may make through our website/forums.
- Respond to your queries: Respond to any queries you may ask us through our website/forums.
- Adequate content display
- Customization of the language interface
- Parameter attached to your device, including the screen resolution …
- Improve our website
- Ensure that the website is secure and protected.
- Allow us to share our content on social networks.
- Forums: We can use the information provided to develop contents.
- Conduct of studies and statistical studies, including:
- Elaboration of studies, reports and statistical studies.
- Improve our contents.
- Find out how you accessed our forums and website.
How long do we keep your personal data and information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purpose for which we treat your personal data.
To determine the storage period we use the following criteria:
- Personal data provided when accessing the forums / website: until you ask us to delete them or after a period of inactivity (without active interaction) of three (3) years;
- Cookies installed in your PC: We keep them for the time necessary to achieve their purposes and for a maximum of 365 days.
We may retain your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, as well as to exercise our rights.
How do we protect your data?
We implement and maintain appropriate technical security measures to protect the personal data we process from unauthorized access, as well as to prevent their alteration, disclosure, loss or destruction.
To which recipients can we communicate your data?
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information. However, sometimes we need to share your data with third parties, either to offer our services or by legal requirement, such as:
- When use service providers (hosting, website maintenance …) that can access your personal data. Our suppliers are required by contract to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information received and cannot make use of the information for any other purpose other than for carrying out the services as instructed by us.
- When we are legally bound to do so, we are required by a competent authority or administration or to protect the vital interest of an individual.
What are your rights when you submit your personal data to us?
You are entitled to the following rights:
- Right of access:The right to obtain confirmation on weather or not we manage your personal data.
- Portability right: Whenever we process personal data through automated means based on your consent or a contract, the user / client has the right to obtain a copy of their data in a structured, commonly used and mechanically readable format transferred in your name or a third party.
- Right to rectification: Right to rectify your personal data if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure, (aka The Right to be Forgotten): Right to Erasure (aka The Right to be Forgotten): Right to have any personal data that we treat at any time removed.
- Right to oppose/to object to/to restrict processing of personal data: Right to oppose the processing of personal data base don the legitimate interest of GeneticsMadeEasy. We will not continue to process personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate reasons for processing that prevail over your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the formulation, exercise or defense of claims.
- Right to oppose receiving marketing or commercial communications. GeneticsMadeEasy does not engage in commercial or marketing activities.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: Right to file a complaint with the Data protection supervisory authority if you think that GeneticsMadeEasy may be processing your personal data incorrectly.
Please be advised that you may contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues pertaining to the exercise of these rights.
Reviewed: 21st of June 2018